Delicate and meaty artichokes from the roman tradition, explained step by step for you!
- 4 Artichokes
- 2 Lemons
- 2/3 Garlic Cloves chopped or 2/3 spoon of garlic paste
- 3 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Chopped Mint Leaves
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120 ml White Wine
Clean the artichoke
- Fill a large bowl with water; squeeze the juice of a lemon in it. Trim the artichokes by following the video below or the instructions here: Cut the outer leaves of the artichoke until you see some white in the inner bottom part of the leaves. Cut the artichoke top with a knife and remove the purple inner core with a spoon. Peel the outside part of the steam and cut it if it is too long. Spread lemon on the artichoke and put it in the water bowl. Repeat for all the artichokes.
Cook the Roman Artichokes
- Mix 2 tsp of oregano, the garlic cloves (chopped), 1 tbsp of mint, the oil and the juice of 1 lemon together. Spread it on the artichokes.
- Position the artichokes upside down in a pot.
- Add the wine, the remaining oregano and parsley.
- Cook it for 25 minutes (check they are tender and cooked) in a pot with a lid.
- Add some salt and pepper and enjoy!